As you are planning to send out a medical administrative assistant job application in the current job market, consider remodeling your resume and bringing it in line with modern resume writing trends.
● Target your resume as per needs of the employer. Effective resumes comprise of short bullet points and use a consistent, readable layout.
● Omit irrelevant experiences from your resume, stick to only relevant attributes and qualifications.
● Always include a quantified account of your professional achievements; it will reflect your potential and job relevant capabilities.
Medical Administrative Assistant Resume Example
322 Timber Lane • Brownstown, MI 76554 • (004) 524-9656 • Email
Multitalented and detail-oriented administrative professional with 7+ years’ diverse experience in medical management, billing, coding, claim processing and staff supervision. A reliable, hardworking and dedicated team player, who works well under pressure with minimal supervision. Adept at multitasking to achieve individual and team goals. Track record of consistently enhancing patient satisfaction. Knowledge of HIPPA and OSHA guidelines applicable to medical administration.
• Ensured 24-hour availability of all medical supplies in the ER and other wards.
• Enhanced staff productivity by 60%, through the introduction of small incentives.
• Reduced the hospital’s operational costs per by $15000 per month, through the implementation of cost-effective administrative operations.
|• Team Development||• Patient registration||• ER Response|
|• Personnel Supervision||• Claims Processing||• Specialized Referrals|
|• Inventory Maintenance||• Insurance Approvals||• Procedure Briefing|
|• Staff Audit||• Appointment Synchronization||• Shift Scheduling|
MAIN LINE HEALTH, Brownstown, MI
Medical Administrator 2014 – Present
• Register first-time patients and obtain all personal data required to complete case file.
• Schedule ward staff shifts, groom them in healthcare protocols and conduct regular audits to evaluate their performance.
• Follow up malfunctioning equipment complains and contact vendors timely for repair.
• Coordinate with physicians and make changes on appointment schedule in case of unavailability of a specialist.
• Take and keep track of patient’s feedback.
• Issue discharge slips and medical bills to patients upon completion of treatment.
BLS HEALTHCARE SYSTEM, Brownstown, MI
Administrative Assistant 2010 – 2014
• Courteously answered and responded to patient’s telephonic queries regarding procedures, specialists’ availability, and procedural pricing.
• Maintained each patient’s case files updated and alphabetically cataloged for information retrieval.
• Maintained all supply inventories up to date and replenished wards with supplies as needed.
• Processed claim requests for insurance procedures.
• Made and kept track of all patient appointments.
• Welcomed the patients, seated them in the waiting area, and directed them to the desired department.
Brownstown Technical College, Brownstown, MI – 2010
BS Medical Administration
• Proficient in PC operations and patient database management
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
• Working knowledge of basic medical terminology and different code protocols