A cover letter for a call center agent position is a golden opportunity for candidates to highlight their relevant skills and competencies. If not written using the right approach, this document may considerably reduce the chances of prospective employers reading the accompanying resume. A cover letter must be direct, specific, easy to read, interesting and appealing.
• Introduce yourself not as a viable but the ideal candidate: Clearly state the reason that gives you an edge over your competitors with equal qualification; sell your unique skills.
• Insist for an interview: A candidate who self-schedules or insists on obtaining an interview date is always taken more seriously. Be proactive and include an application follow up plan in the last portion of your cover letter. Show them that you mean business.
Get help from the sample below to write a cover letter for call center agent resume.
230 Harvest Avenue • Mesa, AZ 45663 • (004) 444 – 3333 • jacob @ email . com
August 30, 2015
Mr. Eden Gilchrist
76 Honey Clover Lane
Mesa, AZ 45663
Dear Mr. Gilchrist:
Do you seek a dynamic, self-motivated and customer oriented call Center agent who brings a track record of consistently upselling the company products and services while ensuring 100% client satisfaction? If yes, you will definitely be interested in giving a detailed look to my accompanying resume.
In terms of skills, competencies and expertise, I bring to GREEN MART the following assets:
• Strong communication, team play and interpersonal skills
• Apt at order placing, processing and tracking
• Track record of effective troubleshooting and problem solving
• Proven skills in upselling products and services and retaining regular customers
My strong numeracy and PC skills, remarkable convincing power and a tech savvy inclination are the major strengths that have supported me in this role throughout my career. Having served at big brands like WALMART and CITIZEN’S BANK in similar capacity has given me a lot of exposure and equipped me with strong customer service skills while also rendering me worthy of dealing with irate customers in a highly professional and courteous manner and resolving their issues promptly and effectively in a calm manner. I bring the same expertise and skills set to the Call Centre Agent position at Green Mart and look forward to make a valuable contribution to your sales team productivity and customer retention.
I would like to see you in an interview to discuss my candidacy in relevance to the position further and for that I shall call your office in the coming week. In case you wish to speak earlier, my digits are (004) 444-3333. Thank you for your time and consideration.