No experience as a cashier is not a problem if you are willing to learn, and can convince the hiring manager to hire you based on your cashiering skills.
Cashiering is serious business as there is money involved. In your entry level cashier resume, you must make sure that you provide information regarding your knowledge of the work, if not experience in it.
Make sure that you show yourself to be an enthusiastic individual, who can learn and contribute at the same time.
There are no hard and fast rules about what to write in a resume for a cashier position.
However, following a format will guide.
Entry Level Cashier Resume No Experience
6400 Heather Road NE, Oakland, CA64021
Highly motivated individual, with a solid interest working in cusomer service and cash handling capacities. In-depth knowledge of processing cash and credit card payments, and tendering exact change and receipts. Effectively able to ensure customer satisfaction, through delivery of exceptional services.
Graduated in 2019
St. James’ High School, Oakland, CA
AWARDS AND HONORS
• Represented the school at 4 academic expos, as a result, received high commendation from the school management
• Named Student of the Year 3 times, owing to exceptional academic record
• Remained on top of the class in all subjects, for the entirety of the high school program
• Chosen as the only student to represent the school in a national debates program
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Customer Liaison
• POS Operations
• Cash Handling
• Drawer Balancing
• Reports Generation
• Refunds Processing
• Bagging and Wrapping
• Stocking and Inventory Oversight
Walgreens, Oakland, CA | 2/2019 – 5/2019
• Greeted customers as they arrived at the store and provided them with required information
• Assisted customers in finding their choice products by leading or directing them
• Provided product specifications information to customers
• Led customers through payment procedures
• Operated cash registers in order to process cash and card payments
• Handled bagging and stocking tasks
• Ensured optimum inventory levels, and communicated low stock situations to supervisors
• POS Handling
• MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Internet, Email and Social Media
English, French, and Italian
• Volunteered services at The Children’s Place, for 6 months in 2018
• Led a team of volunteers to help put out fires in neighboring town forests