Modern resumes for mental health counseling positions are built on ‘show not tell’ principle.
To quickly communicate the potential you bring, it is recommended to include a quantified account of your professional accomplishments in your resume.
Remember to highlight your key strengths as objectively as possible, preferring tables over sentences.
A tabulated competencies section enables the employer to gauge what you offer at a glance thus saving a lot of time.
Omit any irrelevant experience from your resume. Considering that an average employer has to go through hundreds of resumes in one day, to have an impact your resume must be relevant, short and succinct.
So be brief and to the point.
Mental Health Counselor Resume Example
224 Fiery Lane • Worcester, MA 45663 • (004) 854-9654 • [email protected]
Compassionate, dedicated and detail-oriented mental health counselor who is expert in implementing therapeutic interventions to foster positive thinking patterns among clients. Proven interpersonal and rapport building skills. Adept at taking client history and data required for mental assessment and evaluation. Full command over CBT, Humanistic and Cognitive approaches to crisis prevention and mental health management.
• Reduced occurrence of disruptive behavioral outbreaks in the assigned locality by 40%, through conduction of frequent mental health awareness programs.
• Identified a suicidal client and provided timely therapy to prevent any unfortunate incident.
• Successfully rehabilitated five separate cases of drug dependence and worked on development on healthy psychosocial skills among them.
|• Crisis Counselling||• Behavior Shaping||• Modelling|
|• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy||• Daily Living Skills||• Progress Charting|
|• Social Skill Development||• Kin Collaboration||• DSM – IV|
|• Diagnostic Assessment||• Group Therapy Sessions||• ICD-9 Coding|
COMMUNITY HEALTH LINK, Worcester, MA
Mental Health Counselor | 2013 – Present
• Coordinate and establish therapeutic intervention plans for clients
• Provide behavioral health issues consultation
• Identify groups and individuals at risk and provide guidance and counseling accordingly
• Launch performance improvement programs for mental health awareness in the community
• Carry out the assessments, obtain and interpret information to identify age and community-specific client needs and cater for the same
• Provide group and couples counseling for enhancing the quality of life and addressing behavioral problems
THE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Worcester, MA
Student Counselor | 2010 – 2013
• Developed and implemented therapeutic interventions for crisis management
• Administered diagnostic tests for psychological assessment and evaluation
• Maintained individual case files and updated the same regularly
• Conducted therapeutic and counseling sessions
• Assisted in medical emergencies and initiated CPR if needed
• Facilitated in various mental health awareness workshops
AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF HUMANITIES AND SCIENCES, Worcester, MA – 2010
BS – Applied Psychology
• American Psychological Association, APA
• International Institute of Mental Health, IIMH