If you have ever come across a resume which has given you a headache at first glance, you will understand why it is so important to write one that is easy on the eyes.
By this, we do not mean that resumes should be just written.
They need to be extremely well-rounded and informational so that employers can quickly decide that they want to call you in for an interview.
Old-fashioned General Clerk resumes are outdated. They do not hold the charm that they once did in their precise design and simplicity of information.
Owing to tough competition now, it is imperative to write a resume that stands out and goes places.
Here is a sample resume for a general office clerk position that does this exactly:
See also: Clerk Cover Letter No Experience
General Clerk Resume Example
51 Walker Road, Greenup, KY 51219
lisahaydon @ email . com
Well-organized, versatile individual with extensive experience in handling general clerical and administrative tasks across a variety of official environments. Exceptionally well-grounded and conscientious with a great ability to multitask while providing outstanding office support services. Demonstrated ability to handle office records and filing duties by ensuring proper categorization and confidentiality.
• Documented success in performing data entry tasks by ascertaining that data integrity is maintained.
• Qualified to prepare office correspondence and managing researching duties.
• Well-versed in operating office machinery such as photocopiers and scanners to ensure the provision of exceptional office support services.
• Mail handling
• Correspondence processing
• Inventory management
• Record keeping
• Document control
• Follow up
• Introduced the concept of converting all existing paper data into an electronic form to serve as a backup
• Implemented a records management system that reduced data pulling time by 56%
• Created 82 office letter templates to be used for correspondence purposes, reducing letter writing time by 60%
• Entered 885 records in the company database within 6 hours following a tight deadline
MANCAN, Greenup, KY | 2011 – Present
• Answer telephones and greet visitors and respond to their inquiries
• Handle employee schedules by ensuring that appropriate appointments are set up and followed up on
• Route telephone calls to appropriate personnel, and take messages
• Maintain office files and update electronic filing systems
• Open, sort and route incoming mail and reply to letters received for company information
• Compile, copy, sort and file records and prepare and processes documents
• Perform research work and document findings to show to executives
• Assist in making presentations for meetings and conferences
• Perform data entry duties by maintaining data security and confidentiality
• Operate the office machinery such as printers, scanners, and copiers to fill requests
• Make travel arrangements for office employees and keep them abreast of traveling developments
• Handle inventory of supplies and maintain contact with vendors and suppliers to ensure timely deliveries
CODE RED SAFETY, Greenup, KY | 2010 – 2011
• Responded to customers’ inquiries over the telephone and in person
• Assisted in handling data entry duties and mail management
• Typed letters and proofread letters typed by other employees
• Operated office equipment such as printers and scanners
• Opened, sorted and routed incoming mail and processed outgoing mail
• Sorted internal documents and handled research work
SOME SCHOOL, Greenup, KY – 2009